quarta-feira, 24 de julho de 2013

Past Continuous

It is used for actions and states that were unfinished at a certain time in the past or to stress the duration of something. You will see both past progressive and past continuous being used in different books.


SUBJECT   +   WAS/ WERE    +   VERB-ING
WAS -> I / HE / SHE / IT
WERE  -> WE / YOU / THEY
Examples:

Affirmative :  She was having dinner last night.
Negative : They weren´t studying English when I arrived.
Interrogative : What were you doing yesterday afternoon?

SHORT ANSWERS:
Were you talking on the phone before I arrived?
Yes, I was          or          No, I wasn´t.

Put the verbs into the correct form (past progressive).
1. When I phoned my friends, they (play) _______________ monopoly.
2. Yesterday at six I (prepare) _______________ dinner.
3. The kids (play) _______________ in the garden when it suddenly began to rain.
4. I (practice) _______________ the guitar when he came home.
5. We (not / cycle) _______________ all day.
6. While Alan (work) _______________ in his room, his friends (swim) _______________ in the pool.
7. I tried to tell them the truth but they (not / listen) _______________ .
8. What (you / do) _______________ yesterday?
9. Most of the time we (sit) _______________ in the park.
10. I (listen) _______________ to the radio while my sister (watch) _______________ TV.
11. When I arrived, they (play) _______________ cards.
12. We (study) _______________ English yesterday at 4:00 pm .

Write correct sentences:

Yesterday at 6 pm your family was doing different things. Write positive sentences in past progressive.

My mother/read/a novel ___________________________________________________ 
My father/watch/a movie ___________________________________________________ 
My elder sister/writing/in her diary ____________________________________________ 
My two brothers/listen/to the radio ____________________________________________ 
My little sister and I/not/watch/a movie _________________________________________ 
We/talk/about school _______________________________________________________



Teacher: Gustavo

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário