quarta-feira, 27 de fevereiro de 2013

Grammar: Agreements


Agreements : Too/Neither/Either


# We use too and either at the end of a sentence.
We use too after a positive verb:
-         I’m happy à I’m happy too.
-         I enjoyed the film à I enjoyed it too.
-         Mary is a doctor. à Her husband is a doctor too.
-          
# We use either after a negative verb: (am not / isn’t, can’t, etc)
-         I’m not happy. à I’m not happy either.
-         I can’t cook. à I can’t cook either.
-         Bill doesn’t watch TV à He doesn’t read newspapers either.

So am I (=I am too), etc.
-         I’m tired à So am I.
-         I work in a bank. à So do I.
-         etc.


Neither am I (= I’m not either), etc.
-         Ann can’t cook à Neither can Tom.
-         I never eat meat. à Neither do I.

Teacher Gustavo Passarin

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário